Component 4: Qualification System for Local Development Actors
Component 4 is a horizontal set of training activities, which underpin the implementation of all of the activities above. The creation of a national level regional policy framework (Component 1) is supported by means of a capacity building programme for key national level stakeholders such as the Ministry for Regional Development, Economic Research Institute, the Centre for Performance Assessment, the Agency for Civil Service, etc. Indeed, a crucial part of that framework is, in fact, the development of an adequate training architecture that is capable of serving the training needs of stakeholders at national and regional levels. In the course of this project, the capacity of regional level actors (oblast administrations, rayon administrations, non-state actors and others) to contribute to regional programming processes (Component 2) is enhanced by special training programmes in various aspects of the programme cycle. Similarly, the staff and management of OSSs (Component 3) is supported by means of a capacity building programme which improves service delivery techniques and develops quality assurance systems throughout the OSS network.
The overall aim of Component 4 is to develop a sustainable qualification system for regional development actors at national and pilot oblast level. It support the implementation of the other three Components and strengthens their overall impact.
The specific aims are to:
- Improve existing training systems for regional development and public service delivery (including OSS)
- Enhance the capacities of local development actors to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate regional policy
- Develop oblast level systems for training and capacity building in the pilot regions.
The following activities are foreseen under this component.
Action Area 1 “Training systems for local development and local service delivery (including OSS) is substantially improved, adopted and under implementation”:
- Support the Academy for Public Administration in assessing the existing national system of training for local development and local service delivery, including OSS.
- Based on a gap analysis, support the development and implementation of curricula for training modules covering key aspects of local development, for Training of Trainers and for local development policy makers and practitioners.
- Prepare, publish and disseminate regular publications on topical issues of local development.
- Support the creation and further development of linkages with European training institutions on local development.
Action Area 2 “Capacities of local development actors for planning, implementing, monitoring (including public accounting system) of local development policies are strengthened”:
- To complement Action Area 1, develop and implement diverse capacity building measures for local development actors in pilot oblasts, while envisaging spill-over benefits to non-pilot oblasts.
- In cooperation with the Academy of Public Administration and Economic Research Institute, organise series of web-seminars and conferences on different aspects of Regional development for trainees and staff of the Regional training centres.
- Develop an electronic-library for “good practices” in regional development that will include training materials, methodological tools, and case studies.
Action Area 3 “Adequate capacity building systems and mechanisms for local development actors at pilot oblast level e.g. through Regional Training Centres or other modalities/ institutions are developed and functional”:
- Assess current systems and modalities of capacity building for local development actors (including RTCs) in pilot oblasts, and, if necessary, propose amendments.
- Support RTCs and/or other capacity building institutions in the use of modern training tools, management modalities and curricula.
- Support the organization of training for trainers and for local development stakeholders.